Pages


Followers

Powered by Blogger.
Friday 19 November 2010

I will try anything once!

Actually I have tried most things more than once.

The thing I am trying this morning is Paul McKenna.  Paul McKenna is a british hypnotist of some fame if not repute - the jury is out on that I guess, but he is more respected than not!

He wrote a book 'I can make you thin' and accompanied it with a hypnosis CD - its not mega bucks (£8.99 on Amazon this morning) and I bought it a couple of years ago.

I have been hypnotised on a number of ocassions, mostly with success, so I am game to give it a go...anything to break the spiral I am in at the moment, and you never know - small pebbles make bigger ripples.  I gotta tell you that I am slightly resistant to it - more because there is a large part of me that wants to keep eating..even when I dont want to, want to, dont want to...and I dont want him messing me up and stopping me...but I do really!! Sigh - how complicated are we!

What can I tell you about the experience -- it was certainly powerful..and absolutely nothing to be concerned about doing. Paul uses his voice very well - and the stereo function saying different things in different ears simultaneously - to divert attention from both I guess....never experienced that before, its a bit like being in a room full of people and not being quite able to make out what is being said to you...weird lol.  I am to repeat the exercise each day for ......howeverlong and I will do that and await results.  The emphasis is on 'normal healthy eating' and raising self esteem, lots of visualization techniques -- all that remains is to see what effect it has.  I was going to write 'if any' - but something stopped me.  I know these hypnotists lol they are crafty like that.

The set of 'I can do's' I set yesterday..
Get up, Washed  and dressed before 9am. - done - even if I was a little late.
I can keep my hair clean and styled - done
I can put lipstick on - not done yet, but I am going out in a minute, and will apply before I leave.
Make the bed after I have dressed - done
I can load the dishwasher FIRST thing in the morning if it needs it. - emptied and filled again
I can wipe down the granite worktops  - I even polished
I can put the rubbish out and replace the bags - done
I can put a load of washing on each morning - if needed.- wow I suprised myself - done.
I can do half an hours ironing a morning - if needed. - I emptied the tumble dryer and folded contents - does that count?
I can keep my fridge free of 'old leftovers' - havent checked it yet - will do it when I put shopping away after shopping trip in a jiffy.
I can tidy the sofa's in the sitting room- done.

Well thats a good start at least.  I was going to tell you what I had for breakfast, which was ok stuff, but something stopped me, dont need to do that.  Okay - I can see what is happening here....having been hypnotised more than a few times, I recognise these thought patterns - good -- I like it.

 You have a thought and then immediately it is as though someone has a chalk board erazer and wipes it and the word magically change to something else.

I guess its good to alter your thinking ....and why not!

Cherry~

2 comments:

Patrick said...

I no nothing about hypnosis, but I do believe giving anything we feel that will help a try is fair game. Certainly if you've had results from past runs with it, going back for more seems sane. Marking DONE by a bunch of to do items, well thats all good too.

Have a Great Weekend!

bbubblyb said...

How was your weekend?

Post a Comment

Blog Archive